My background notes to the recording are given below.
- Mrs Isabella Hall (nee Gibson) was born in Blue Row, Heddon on the Wall in 1894.
- Her father was John Potts Gibson b.1865.
- Lived for a time at Iron Sign (along Military Road beyond Rudchester).
- Returned to Heddon – several cottages.
- 1911 Census shows living with her aunt Hannah Gibson, probably in middle one of the three Carters Cottages on Towne Gate, Heddon.
- Married Robert (‘Bobbie’) Hall from Newburn in 1923.
- Both of Robert's parents came from Newburn where his father was employed as a blacksmith.
- Robert Hall died February 1987.