The view of the church is from within the Old Vicarage garden, approximately where the modern Vicarage now stands. The direction pointed by the camera is to the south-east and would now be blocked by the Knott Memorial Hall on Towne Gate which was built in 1936.
The path up to the church-yard from behind the hall appears to have been paved. It is still there but now a grass sward. The map below shows the side door from the Vicarage garden (probably that shown in the photo) directly opposite the track which descends from the church. Where the track meets the road (Towne Gate) is the present location of the Knott Memorial Hall which was built in 1936.